Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pictures from Canterbury

This is the Canterbury Cathedral, right inside the wall that surrounded it.
This is Laura, David, Heather, and Mary! You can see some of the fish and chips which were mostly consumed at that point. We ate that "junks" up fast! :-)

This is the 'Rose Compass' alter cloth. It was on the alter in front of the quire, where the choir sits.
This is the cloister at the Canterbury Cathedral. Cloisters always look like such quiet peaceful places to be. They are always very very green, too.

This is the oak ceiling in the Chapter Room. It is made of oaks that grow very very slowly, making them very hard hardwood. I think they were brought from Ireland.

This is part of the shrine to Thomas Becket. It was a rather scary looking shrine and I decided to play with my black and white setting on my camera... I think it makes it look even more dramatic. The two smaller swords with their shadows are supposed to represent the four knights that killed Becket and the large sword is supposed to make a cross with the thing that holds all three actual swords.

We saw this on a truck (delivering muffins, I assume) as we got out of the tube station back in London. "Hey, driver, give me all the muffins in your truck!!" :-)

No comments: