Sunday, September 9, 2007

Flat!


This is me with one of my roommates. We were wandering around the outside of the British Museum looking for places to eat Saturday evening when we happened upon a little Thai place. It was delicious! I had satay and coconut rice and they were really really good. We'll definitely have to go there again.

Well, I've explored my flat. 'Fully equipped kitchen' awakened images of plenty of dishes, tupperware to store leftovers in, measuring cups, and lots of pots and pans. In actuality, we have three knives, spoons, forks, plates, bowls, mugs, and pots. There are no pans and there are no measuring cups except for one glass cup that measures in pints and decalitres... Needless to say, we're going to have to buy several things so that we can make food in any sort of capacity...


This is our little flat kitchen. I like to call it our 'closet kitchen' because it is so small. It really is like a closet that they converted into a kitchen. One of my roommates aptly noted that you could cook without hardly moving. I suppose it's a blessing in disguise. ;-)

I have one of my bags now. Sadly it was not the one with all of my clothes... Hopefully that one will come tomorrow... At some point I have to figure out how to work our telephone. I tried to call the airport today, but for some reason the number wouldn't work. But hopefully I can figure that out.

We went on a quick tour of London by bus today. Apparently you can rent a horse and ride around Hyde Park. We saw several people riding as we passed by. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go riding in the park. There were a lot of other places that I'd like to go, but I can't really remember them all right now. But it was fun to see a lot of London. Hopefully I'll get to know the city a lot better by the end of the semester.

No comments: