Saturday, September 8, 2007

Waiting

As I write this I am sitting in JFK International Airport waiting for my flight to London. I probably won’t be able to post this until Saturday or Sunday.

My first flight went well, I sat beside a girl my age who had finished her studies and was working for a telephone company in Egypt. She was with her family who had come to America for summer vacation and they were heading back to Egypt. I had a lot of fun talking to her about all sorts of stuff. It was interesting to learn more about Egypt and the culture there and she was interested to learn about what kind of stuff I did in college.

Now I have about 2 hours until I leave for London. This flight is going to be draining. I am already tired since I didn’t sleep too much last night and then navigating my way around 2 different airports and doing so much new stuff in one day has drained me. But God will provide the strength I need. I just hope I can get a little sleep on the way over. I’m less worried about getting from the airport to the flats and all that, still a little worried, but less so. Right now my main concern is the fact that one of my legs is hurting…I think I cut the circulation off on the first flight and now it is rebelling…. But hopefully on this flight, I’ll be able to stretch out a little more… We’ll see.

There’s not really much to tell about this airport or anything… It’s huge, but that’s about it… There’s a little kid running around and shouting, but this terminal is pretty big so it’s not bothersome or anything. I’d like to take a nap, but there are armrests between the seats, so I wouldn’t be able to lay down… I suppose I’ll figure something out…. Anyway, that’s about all for now. I’m sure I’ll have plenty to tell you at the end of Saturday.

I’ll probably put prayer requests at the end of each post for those of you who would like to pray for me. Don’t feel like you have to, but any prayer is appreciated! I’d be happy to pray for anyone, you can just post it in a comment or send me an email. :-)

Prayer requests: That I would be able to get enough rest before classes start. And that the jet lag wouldn’t be too bad.

No comments: